Drawing on the collective success of distinguished medical educators and administrators who have recruited, educated, and trained thousands of practicing physicians in North America, WAUSM is committed to offering opportunity for qualified and diverse US, Canadian, and international students who seek to acquire the knowledge and skills to succeed in medical school, earn residency positions, and become outstanding, patient-centered MDs serving the public.
Our Core Values
- Excellence in medical education and student services.
- Commitment to our local and global communities.
- Diversity that is reflected in actions inclusive of all individuals.
- Integrity that embraces the highest standards of ethical behavior and moral character.
- Respect for all individuals who are affiliated with WAUSM students, staff, faculty, partners, communities, patients, and families.
- Cooperation that is manifested in all interpersonal communication and collaboration in pursuit of medical education.
Our curriculum has been built to meet these goals and is intended to provide students with the academic knowledge, clinical skills, and patient-centered focus needed to lead within their place of practice and community. Students will learn within an integrated, collaborative environment that emphasizes thinking skills and application of knowledge to solve problems and become continuous learners. Through this student-centered, team-based approach, students will learn to connect theory to practice and locate the most current evidence in support of clinical care, thus providing them with the tools to succeed in modern clinical settings and become outstanding physicians of the future.